As blogged yesterday:
Comrade Lisa Loving asks for help hacking a blog:
She posted on Facebook:
And the comments from supporters of her scheme keep coming, including a laughable concern about defamation. They clearly don't read or listen to Our Glorious Leader's pronouncements!!!
[New comments since last blog]
- Yaney Lee Ann MacIver Ah I'm known as Comrade Yaney in this major LOL. These folks must not have real employment or a life either. Well Comrade Lisa I wish you a pleasant evening. Hum who is/are the most likely suspects? No, it's not Theresa, they are dissing her as well.
- Yaney Lee Ann MacIver Well, I hope we use all of this attention @ the next Membership Drive. Who can come up with the most creative scripts for this? "Hi, it's Comrade Yaney here saying you all Keep KBOOsters, and y'all Keep KBOO from Keep KBOOsters,, and All of Blue Oregon; let's have a contest as to who can contribute the most!" And then we keep three charts as to who does!
- Press Watch I'm quite flattered by the "savekboofromsavekboo" attention, and particularly proud of the "Bulldog Mitchell" appellation. I've refrained from public comment for a week or so, though, and I haven't had anything to say about Thom Hartmann. So: I think he's awesome. I don't necessarily share all of his ideology, but he is not a knee-jerk Obama supporter, as some have implied. Note his call for impeachment: http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2013/06/impeach-president-obama ...His programs would be a great addition to KBOO, though I don't think it's right to wipe out the Tuesday Spanish-language programming, especially since that programming has already been cut back over the years.
- Press Watch There are other things to ponder, too, before bringing in more non-local programming. Hartmann has the name recognition to draw listeners on the Web. So, though as I said, he'd be a great addition, we should probably hold off. As to whether the Tuesday Latino programming is up to snuff (mentioned on pdxIndy), the question should be what Latino programming should replace it, not whether to wipe it out, without input from the Latino community. So the proposal from the Navigator seems typically tone-deaf, in that regard. And one more thing: there is constant chatter on Indymedia claiming that radicals like myself are intolerant of other views. I am sharply critical of other views, but that isn't the same as intolerance, and I haven't tried to purge anyone from KBOO air, ever, for not agreeing with my ideology; nor has Ani; it simply has never happened. That's an example of pure projection by the claimants. I do say that KBOO must be retained as a last and only haven for radical dissent, and that is because the remainder of the ideological spectrum is better represented everywhere else on the dial. Calling for fairness for my own community's views is not the same as denying fairness for all others.
- Gwendolyn Rose Tracking the ISP can be several levels or almost no level of difficulty. It depends on how they are set up. My son may be interested in assisting an NPO. Would you like me to ask? If he agrees I will give him your contact info. Please pm me.
- Eugene Johnson I hate cowards who hide behind technology and don't fight in the open. Fighting like a coward takes away pretty much all credibility. Too bad Shusli and I are missing out on all the fun...JUST KIDDING! We're quite happy and content.
- Steve Nassar I didn't think they were mean to my Mom. In fact, they quoted her, verbatim, and, I must say, in an appropriately sophomoric manner for a blog site designed by an intellectual neophyte..
Oh, did I say neophyte? I am so sorry. I meant Neanderthal.
- Steve Nassar They did get one thing right over there. Fitch is serving at the Pleasure of the BOD. THey hired her, and are the *only* ones that can fire her.
Her job, therefor, is to Parrot whatever the BOD wants to hear, regardless of whether it's good or bad for KBOO. She won't DARE utter one syllable that she doesn't think the BOD will eat like Twinkies and Orange Pop. For, you see, she too, is "At Will."
(Personally, I think she's in Way Over Her Head, but I digress.)
In an update in her feed Comrade Loving has caught someone defecting from the Inner Party and outed him for public ridicule:
Cadre takes it well:
- Richard Lindsay While I think the good folks who admin and maintain Indymedia have the best intentions and generally rock hard, it's become a turd-infested mote of mendacity, illogic and trolldrum.
There should be some kind of unit of measure to determine the amount of time a post degenerates into a poo-slinging free for all.
- Benno Lyon once a fight goes public... anything you say publicly can (and will) be twisted. So keep speaking truth to power, but also measure and consider words carefully? The word "hack" is pretty loaded...
- Michelle Loving Betz You should take the hacking comment as a compliment and ignore the child statement. They are scared (and scarred) or they wouldn't be making a fuss. They hope the bluster will create such a storm cloud as so people won't notice the pig farm it's fall on.
We've got Richard Smith's name down for the Klamath Gulag...he won't be snitching to any more Enemies of the People any time soon!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!
NOTE: Defector outing liked by: